Bureau of Statistics
Vision & Mission
The State Bureau of Statistics that is able to maintain an effective and well coordinated statistical system to meet the information requirements of government and the society towards achieving a sustainable development.
The Bureau of Statistics is the Central Statistical Agency to:
- Coordinate the State Statistical System to guarantee efficiency, avoid gaps and duplication of efforts.
- Collect, compile, analyse, interpret, publish and disseminate statistical information alone or in collaboration with other agencies.
- Conduct research about various sectors to facilitate the social and economic development of the State.
- Develop and promote the use of statistical standards and appropriate methodologies in the State Statistical System.
- Advise State and Local Government on strategies relating to research and statistical development.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive socio-economic State Data Bank.
- Provide a focal point of contact with National and International Agencies on statistical matters.
- Carry out other functions relating to statistics as the State Government may assign to the Bureau from time to time.
The services provided are as follows;
- Generate and publish data and indicators on Education, Agriculture, Health, Population, Transport, Public Finance, Prices of items, Manpower, Security, Justice and Social welfare, for planning, monitoring, evaluation and decision making.
- Provide key indicators and parameters for budget preparation and Medium Term Expenditure Framework.
- Make appropriate population projections for government, society, institutions and individuals.
- Generate household-based information for measuring situation analysis, project/programme assessment and evaluation.
- Organisation of quarterly meeting of State Consultative Committee on Statistics for greater coordination, collaboration, networking, information sharing and feedback strategies.
- Organisation of producer-user workshops.
- Organisation of Data Validation Workshops with relevant stakeholders.
- Printing and dissemination of Statistical documents.
- Production of quarterly Statistical Newsletter for information dissemination.
- Incorporation of a statement of welcoming constructive criticisms in all publications.
- Existence of Email address of the State Bureau of Statistics/Statistician General for contact and feedback.
|1||Statistician General||Mr Olajide Micheal Oguntimehinemail@example.com||07069004353|
|2||Director, Research, Survey and Methodology Dept.||Mrs Dolapo Ojofirstname.lastname@example.org||08064438673|
|3||Director, Finance and Accounts||Mr Idowu Famuyiboemail@example.com||08060758872|
|4||Director, Population Activities||Mr Olufunso Femi Ogungbemi||07062340607|
|5||Director, Admin & Supplies||Mr Henry Ogunlayefirstname.lastname@example.org||08065637773|
|6||Acting Director: Social and Economics Statistics Department||Mrs Oluwakemi Omojuemail@example.com||07039226433|
|7||Deputy Director; Research, Survey and Methodology Dept.||Mr Olugbenga Ajilofirstname.lastname@example.org||08136797409|
|8||Deputy Director, Population Activities||Mrs Abosede Afolake Ojoemail@example.com||07069540296|
|1||Perm Sec||Mr Olajide Micheal Oguntimehin||07069004353|
|2||Focal Person||Mrs Oluwakemi Omoju||07039226433|
|3||COMMISSIONER FOR BUDGET AND ECONOMIC PLANNING||Mr Femi Ajayi||08063117786|