Office of the Governor
Mr. ‘Biodun Abayomi Oyebanji was born on December 21, 1967, in Ikogosi-Ekiti to the family of Mr. Ezekiel Kunle and Late Mrs. Esther Oyebanji. He is a former lecturer, farmer, public servant and Secretary to the Government of Ekiti State. He is currently the Governor of Ekiti State.
Oyebanji had his early education in his home state, in institutions such as Baptist Primary School, Ikogosi- Ekiti, Awo Community High School; C.A.C. Grammar School, Efon-Alaaye; and District Commercial Secondary School, Aramoko-Ekiti.
He proceeded to attend the Federal School of Arts and Science, Ondo State, before he earned a Bachelor of Science (BSc.) degree in Political Science from the Ondo State University (now Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti) in 1989. He subsequently attended the University of Ibadan, where he bagged a Masters’ Degree (M.Sc) in Political Science (International Relations & Strategic Studies).
He started his career in the academia as a lecturer in the Department of Political Science, University of Ado Ekiti, where he worked for four years (1993 – 1997), before moving on to the financial services industry, serving as Manager, Treasury, and Financial Services at the defunct Omega Bank Plc (now Heritage Bank) till May 1999, when he commenced an illustrious career in politics and governance.
He is one of the longest serving political office holders in the Government of Ekiti state, having served for over 11 years in various capacities including:
- Special Assistant (Parliamentary Affairs) to the Governor of Ekiti State (June 1999 – July 2001);
- Special Adviser (Parliamentary Affairs) to the Governor of Ekiti State (Aug. 2001– 2002);
- Chief of Staff to the Governor of Ekiti State (Sept. 2002 – May 29, 2003);
- Chairman, Governing Board, Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre, Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development (June 2009 – 2010);
- Commissioner, Ministry of Integration and Inter-Governmental Affairs, Ekiti State (December 2010 – December 2011);
- Head, Office of Transformation Strategy and Delivery (OTSD), Ekiti State (December 2011 –January 2013);
- Commissioner, Ministry of Budget, Economic Planning and Service Delivery, Ekiti State (January 2013 – October 2014);
- Secretary to the Government of Ekiti State (October 2018 – December 2021).
Oyebanji is a devout Christian who sees his career in politics and governance as a divine calling, and he has served God and country diligently as a loyal party man and conscientious public servant in different capacities right from the inception of the fourth republic through several dispensations and administrations. He has held sensitive positions requiring high levels of discretion and trust and is a pillar in the progressive movement in the state who is seen as a bridge between the older and younger generation on account of his track record, reputation, and accessibility.
He has been engaged in Agribusiness for over two decades and is the chairman of Con Dois Farms Limited.
In recognition of his inspirational life journey as a successful businessman and a devoted public servant, Oyebanji has earned many awards including the Distinguished Alumnus Award by the Alumni Association of the Ondo State University, Ado-Ekiti (now Ekiti State University), and the Certificate of Excellence awarded by the National Association of Political Science Students (NAPSS), Ondo State University, Ado-Ekiti (now Ekiti State University).
His most notable award is the Member, Ekiti Exceptional Achievers (MEEA) award in the order of the Ekiti State Honours Roll Law, 2020, granted in recognition of his critical contributions to the creation of Ekiti State in 1996. By providence and by a remarkable show of patriotism and sacrifice at such a young age at the time, he notably served as Secretary, Committee for the Creation of Ekiti State (1996), and Secretary, Ekiti State Development Fund.
Writing the history of politics and governance in Ekiti State would be incomplete without mentioning the contributions of ‘Biodun Abayomi Oyebanji. He is an embodiment of the model Ekiti man in character, intellect, experience, and goodwill across board.
He is married to Dr. (Mrs.) Olayemi Oyebanji, a senior Lecturer in the Department of Educational Management, Faculty of Education, University of Ibadan, who is a seasoned scholar with over 80 publications in the field of Institutional Administration, Higher Education, Quality Assurance in Education, Human Resource Development and Leadership in Education. They are blessed with three children.
- BAO’s Inaugural Speech
- Text of the Lecture Delivered at a Book Launch in Honor of Governor Akeredolu
- Text of the Remark at the Air Force Base Turning of Sod
- Text of the Address for the Flag Off Ceremony of IDEAS Project
- Text of Remark at the Inauguration of High Court Building Complex Donated to the Ekiti State Judiciary by Chief Wole Olanipekun, SAN, CFR
- Text of Address at the Citizen’s Engagement for 2023 Budget Preparation
- YEAR OF STRONG BEGINNING & GIANT LIFT (Text of New Year 2023 State Broadcast)
- Text of the Special State Broadcast on the 2023 General Election
- Text of the Address delivered at the Presentation of 2023 Budget Proposal
- Text of the Address at the Signing of the 2023 Appropriation Bill “Budget Of Strong Beginning” into Law
- Text of the Address Delivered at the 27th Convocation Ceremony of the Ekiti State University
- Text of the May Day Address Delivered Of The Year 2023 Worker’s Day Celebration.
- 200 Days of Governance by H.E Governor Biodun Oyebanji
- Text of the Keynote Address at the Retreat/Orientation Workshop For The Outgoing And Incoming Members Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly
- Text Of The Address By His Excellency At The Signing Of The Three Sector Reform Bills (Rural Access And Road Authority, The State Road Fund) Of Ekiti RAAMP And Ekiti State Wealth Fund Bill Into Law.
- Remarks By His Excellency Delivered During The Flag-Off Ceremony Of The Impact Project In Ekiti State
- Text Of The Welcome Address At The Townhall Meeting With Stakeholders On Nigeria Covid-19 Action Recovery And Economic Stimulus (Ng-Cares) Program
- Text Of The Address At The 63rd Annual General Meeting/Conference Of NACCIMA And Investiture Of Otunba Dele Oye As The 22nd National President Of NACCIMA Held In Ekiti State
- Text of the Remark at the Swearing-in Ceremony of the Chairman of the Ekiti State Independent Electoral Commission (EKSIEC)
- Text of the Speech at the Commissioning of the New Council Chamber of the Ekiti Council of Traditional Rulers, Governor’s Office
- Text of the 2023 Independence Day State Broadcast
MY VISION AND MISSION
“My vision is for Ekiti State to be a land of prosperity, opportunity, peace and progress. A land in which transformed people and communities can reap the fruits of their labour in dignity, good health and safety. A land of honour where integrity matters.
- The following are the various sections in the department:
- Office of the Chief of Staff
- Office of the Permanent Secretary
- Office of the State Chief of Protocol
- Administration and Supplies
- Finance and Account
- Government House Administration
- Government House Infrastructure
- Office of Her Excellency.
- Office of the Chief Press Secretary.
- Ensuring the welfare of His Excellency, the Governor and his immediate family.
- Receiving, accommodating and feeding of State Guests at Chalets or hotels;
- Accompanying His Excellency, the governor to Official and Social functions within and outside the state;
- Procurement of befitting gifts for State Guests;
- Arrangements and Ad-hoc parties and State banquets;
- Compilation and adherence to protocol list;
- Maintenance of vehicles and capital assets in the Government House;
- Ensuring that the Government House environment is kept clean and tidy;
- Maintaining discipline of staff;
- Extension of Government hospitality to indigenes and friends of the state during festivities like Christmas, Ramadan etc.
|Chief of Staff
|Chief Press Secretary to the Governor