The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is the new Global Development Agenda targeted to improve people’s lives around the world. At the United Nations summit on 25th September 2015, 193 members of the UN adopted the ambitious plan to eradicate poverty, fight hunger, reduce inequalities, promote economic empowerment & good living, tackle climate change and save the planet from environmental degradation by 2030.
The SDGs are built on the gains and achievements of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). “Agenda 2030” as it is often called represents an unprecedented opportunity for humanity to create a better future without leaving anyone behind.
The SDGs is made up of seventeen (17) Goals, 169 Targets and 230 Indicators. The SDGs Office is therefore set up to coordinate the implementation of these global agenda in Ekiti State.
|End poverty in all its forms everywhere
|End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
|Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
|Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
|Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
|Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
|Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
|Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
|Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
|Reduce inequality within and among countries
|Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
|Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
|Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
|Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
|Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
|Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
|Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
To chart a course for Sustainable Development in the State without leaving any Ekiti Citizen behind.
To promote Sustainable Development Goals using the Five (5) Points Development Agenda as a viable springboard for promoting Governance, Agriculture & Rural Development, Social Investment, Knowledge Economy, Infrastructure & Industrial Development in Ekiti State.
1) To guide, oversee, monitor & assess the implementation of the Conditional Grants Scheme projects in the State and Local Governments;
2) To ensure full institutional support for all Sustainable Development Goals programs and Projects;
3) To ensure the development and implementation of Ekiti State Sustainable Development Goals strategy;
4) To revise the said strategy in line with national and international developments and to establish the direction the revised strategy is to adopt;
5) To ensure that the provisions of the strategy are implemented in a timely manner by the responsible actors;
6) To develop a set of indicators for measuring the progress achieved in the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals and their progressive revision;
7) To advocate Sustainable Development Goals across Ministries, Departments and Public Agencies, the Private sector and society in general;
8) To review government and specific ministry policies, plans, programmes and projects to ensure that they are in line with the strategy and to ensure that all Ministries, Departments and Agencies factor in Sustainable Development Goals in their workings;
9) To evaluate how the Ministries, Departments and Agencies have integrated the principles of Sustainable Development Goals in their policies, plans, programs and projects;
10) To engage in active consultation with all stakeholders for effective implementation of SDGs in the State.
11) To collate and monitor data gaps in Sustainable Development Goals implementation in the State.
|Chief of Staff to the Governor/Chairman, State Implementation Committee on SDGs
|Special Adviser Development Partnership & SDGs
|Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on SDGs
|iv. Mrs. Ajibola Ayo-Salami
|Executive Secretary, SDGs Office
|v. Mr Toyin Akilo
|Director of Administration & Supplies, SDGs Office
|vi. Mr Ogunlade Olusola O.
|Director of Programmes, SDGs Office
|vii. Mrs. Junaid Aishat Omoyemi
|Director of Finance & Accounts, SDGs Office
|viii. Mrs. Adetoyi Joseph (Chief Internal Auditor)
|(Chief Internal Auditor), SDGs Office
|i. Mr. James Owolabi
|ii. Mr. Francis Olukayode Adunmo
|ii. Mr. Aderemi Oladele Ogunsemoyin