Waste Management Board
To make Ekiti State a cynosure by being the cleanest state among other states of the Federation.
In accordance with Section 9, of the Ekiti State Independent Electoral Commission Law No.3 of 2001, the functions include the following:
- To rid the state of refuse through regular collection of waste from individual houses, establishments, institutions and other designated areas for disposal to avoid refuse palliation, environmental brightness and epidemic development.
- To ensure that every owner or occupier of a premises provide and maintain at least one portable covered refuse bin, the size and structure of which shall be approved by the Authority’s Officials for the collection and shortage of their premises.
- To establish and maintain approved sanitary landfill sites within the state for disposal of waste.
- To keep record and collect user charge or rates on the waste off and collection of tipping fees landfill sites.
- To compliment or fake part in the organization, monitoring and supervision of environmental campaigns so as to generate adequate awareness of the need for effective storage collection and disposal of waste in Ekiti State.
- To set guidelines and monitor the firms and companies engage in the collection of waste and supportive revenues which will serves as sources of revenue to the government.
- To set guidelines and monitor private sector pacification in the maintenance of waste management vehicles and equipment.
- To ensure and cause the removal of sludge in individual’s industrial and institutional premises on environment and dispose of same in a designated site.
- To enter in to contractual agreement with approved private concern where necessary, for the actualization of the function of Authority.
- To serve as sources of revenue of the State Government by ensuring that waste collected are used for the production of compost manure and plastic pallet at Ilokun and Emirin in Ado-Ekiti.
- The Authority can generate an average sum of N10 million per month if it can collect an average of N500,00 per household in ado and Ikere-Ekiti through the house-to-house waste collection.
- To generate data base to know the expected revenue that will accrue to the State Government monthly; and
- The production of Local Government waste disposal bins is still on going. Other Local Government are enjoined to participate in the exercise for effective waste evacuation and avoidance of waste palliation and epidemics.
|Mr O.A Borode
|Mr A.S Anigilaje
|Director of Admin & Supplies
|Mrs A.A Adebanjo
|Mrs M.L Akinola
|Director of Finance & Admin
|Engr. A.S Osalusi
|Director of Operation
|Mrs T.A Asaolu
|Chief Internal Auditor
|Mr E.A Ariyo
|Ag. Dir. Enforcement & Enlightenment