Board Of Internal Revenue
To be a noble Revenue Institution with professional expertise, working within the law for optimum collection of the development of the state.
To serve the public with quality services expertise and respect that will ensure maximum cooperation between the public and internal Revenue staff
The core functions of the Board of Internal Revenue include:
- Tax drive on Revenue collection.
- Investigation and enumeration of existing tax payers.
- Issuing of Tax clearance certificate to tax payers.
- Raising and review of tax assessments to Tax payers.
- Giving assessment notices to taxpayers.
- In charge of PAYE of MDAs, School and institutions.
The Board of Internal Revenue is situated at Old Governor’s Office, Oke-Ori Omi, Ado-Ekiti. To ensure wider coverage of Ado-Ekiti town, additional 4 offices were created within the town. The Board also has offices across the 16 Local Governments Areas in the State to ensure and enable easy access to taxpayers at the grassroots. The headquarters consists of 10 departments and some units to ensure effective service delivery to taxpayers. The departments are highlighted here-under:
- Administration and Supplies:-
- ICT Department:-
- TIN Unit
- Vehicle Registration Unit
- Tax-Education and Enquries
- Finance and Accounts Department
- Tax Audit and Investigation
- PAYE and Headquarters Assessment
- Enforcement and Monitoring
- Signage and Other State Taxes
- Pools Betting
- Stamp Duties
- Legal Department
- Road Taxes Department
- Internal Audit
The Board also has two liaison offices both at Lagos State and Abuja wherein members of Staff were posted to ensure effectiveness and efficiency and good service delivery to taxpayers.