Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development
The Ministry of Women Affairs, Social Development and Gender Empowerment and Social Welfare is an arm of government saddled with policies/activities that will bring about holistic speedy and healthy development of Ekiti State Women, children and the disadvantaged/less privileged in the mainstream of the State Development process.
The Ministry ensures the survival, protection, development of women, children and person in need of government intervention.
The Ministry is divided into Administration and Supplies, Women Affairs and Gender Empowerment, Child Development, Social Development, and Finance & Account Departments.
To create a conducive environment for the development of women, children and other vulnerable people by providing equal opportunities, adequate care and support for them and harnessing their potentials.
To provide an enabling environment for women to live in a world in which there is justice, equity and respect for Women’s Right.
To ensure the holistic development of women through Educational, Economic, Social and Political empowerment and monitoring gender responsive issues.
To ensure the survival, protection of children in preparation for meaningful adult life.
To promote the Welfare of the Citizens of Ekiti State.
- Preparation and Implementation of the aspect of the State Budget pertaining to Women Affairs, Children and social Welfare
- Facilitating the holistic development of women through educational, economic, social and political empowerment.
- Ensuring the total well-being and development of children through well articulated programmes and activities geared towards the participating, survival, protection and developmental rights of child-being the 4 Thematic areas of the convention on the Rights of the Child (also enshrined in the Ekiti State Child’s Rights Law 2006)
- Promoting gender equality/mainstream gender into Government Policies.
- Fostering cooperation among Women and facilitates good rapport between the grassroot women and the Government.
- Coordinating of all non-Governmental Organization activities focused on children and women.
- Mobilizing women to form cooperative societies that are beneficial and profitably run.
- Facilitating the families social well being through pre-marital counseling, marriages and reconciliation of those in disputes.
- Provision and promotion of Juvenile Welfare Services in form of counseling and reformation of deviant ones, through the involvement of the Juvenile/Family courts where necessary
- Facilitating care for the Aged and others who require special attention and care.
- Facilitating care for all vulnerable individuals who require one form of special care or the other.
- Support programme for Girl-child Education.
|Mrs. Adeyemo F. Ibironke||Permanent Secretary|
|Mrs. F. Olabisi Fatoba||Director, Social Welfare|
|Mrs. A. Omotayo Olatilu||Director, Child Development|
|Mrs. C. Modupe Aluko||Director, Women Affairs|
|Mr. Bayo Odewale||Director, Rehabilitation Services|
|Mrs. M. Oyeyemi Oyebola||Director, Admin & Supply|
|Mrs. B. Funmilayo Sanni||Director, Finance & Supply|
|Mr. J. Sunday Falodun||Director, Planning, Research & Statistics|
|Mr. S. Ayodele Alabi||Chief Internal Auditor|
Alhaja Mariam OgunladeCommissioner2020 – 2022
|Chief (Mrs) Onipede Jolaade||Commissioner||1996 – 1998|
|Alhaja Badmus||Commissioner||1998 – 1999|
|Chief (Mrs) Onipede Jolaade||Commissioner||1999 – 2000|
|Mrs. Ronke Okusanya||Commissioner||2000 – 2003|
|Alhaja Abibat Adubiaro||Commissioner||2003 – 2004|
|Alhaja Sidikatu Bello (deceased)||Commissioner||2004 – 2006|
|Mrs Patricia Omotomilola Osunde||Commissioner||2007 – 2009|
|Morohunmubo Bayode||Commissioner||2009 – 2010|
|Chief (Mrs) Funke Owoseeni||Commissioner||2010 – 2011|
|Mrs. Fola Richie-Adewusi||Commissioner||2011 – 2014|
|Mrs. Olayinka G. Ogundayomi||Commissioner||2015 – 2018|
|Hon. (Mrs) Moji Fafure||Commissioner||2018 – 2020|