Ministry of Information and Values Orientation
The Ministry of Information and Values Orientation is responsible for the government’s information management and dissemination to the people. It uses all available legitimate media tools and engaged the citizenry through a four-pronged information pool.
Information is generated from government to the people, to the media, to our development partners and all stakeholders and back to government, thus enabling the government to generate policies and make informed decisions that are people oriented on a long run.
The Ministry has seven functional departments:-
- Information services
- Values orientation
- General publication
- Finance and Account
- Planning, Research and Statistics
- General Archives
The following are the Agencies under the Ministry:
- BSES – Broadcasting Service of Ekiti State (Radio and Television);
- The Government Printing Press – which is presently undergoing reforms.
To carry out full and effective publicity of Government activities, promote its good image through factual, timely and adequate dissemination of information, making Ekiti State the preferred tourist and business destination in the country.
- Ensure free-flow of information and news that enhance development and forestall rumor mongering
- Facilitate synergy
- Develop and project tourism potentials, regulate, license and monitor tourism/hospitality
- Appropriate record keeping of government activities for posterity hrough various official publications, gazettes and annuals
- Promote attitudinal change and restoring our values
- Dissemination of accurate information on the activities of Government
- Mobilization of the Citizenry to imbibe positive values and patriotism through every available channel of communication
- Enhancement of Youth Development through Empowerment, Training, Sensitization etc.
- Promotion of Sports Development through harnessing of Sports Potentials and development of same.
- Publicity of government activities and promotion of good public image for government, through proper and adequate dissemination of information.
- Generating policy on staff welfare and discipline as well as training and building capacity for competence and skills
- Facilitating good working relationship between the State and Federal Ministry of Information .
- Planning and research, coupled with monitoring and updating of statistical data for information processing.
- Popularizing government policies and programmes at the grassroots and creating behavioural and attitudinal change through communication packages to sanitize all segments of the society
|Mr. Femi Adedipe||Permanent Secretary|
|Mr. Taiwo Adetule||Director, Administration and supplies|
|Mrs. Aishat Junaid||Director, Finance and Accounts|
|Mr. Oyetunde Oyebode||Director, Information Services|
|Mrs. Adesola C Fadiran||Director, Values Orientation|
|Mr. A. Olutoyin Akode||Director, General Publication|
|Mr. Segun Olatoye||Director, Planning, Research and Statistics|
|Mrs. Olukemi Oyekunle||Director, General Achives|
|Elder Kunle Falade||Commissioner||1999|
|Mr. Amos Odelusi||Commissioner||1999 – 2003|
|Elder Kayode Osadare||Commissioner||2003 – 2004|
|Sir. Kayode Otitoju||Commissioner||2004 – 2005|
|Barr. Gboyega Oguntuase||Commissioner||2005 – 2007|
|Mr. Odunayo Ategbero||Commissioner||2007- 2009|
|Mr. Patrick Ajigbolamu||Special Adviser||2009|
|Hon.Taiwo Olatunbosun||Commissioner||2009 – 2010|
|Mrs. Fola-Richie Adewusi||Commissioner||2010 – 2011|
|Mr Tayo Ekundayo||Commissioner||2011 – 2014|
|Mr. Lanre Ogunsuyi||Commissioner||2016 – 2018|
|Aare Muyiwa Olumilua||Commissioner||2018 – 2020|
|Barr. Akin Omole||Commissioner||2020 – 2022|
|Dr. (Mrs) Adekunbi Obaisi||2018 - 2021|
|Messrs Yakubu Sanni,|
|Late Ajayi (Lama)|
|Mr Segun Erinle||1999|
|Mr Olaniyan Jegede||2000|
|Mr Olowoyo Fatai||2003|
|Mr Segede Olaniyan||2004|
|Mr Olufemi Adewunmi||2006|
|Mr Ropo Famubode||2007|
|Mrs Victor Akomolafe||2008|
|Mrs Ayibade Taiwo||2009 – 2010|
|Mr Foluso Daramola||2010 – 2011|
|Dr (Mrs.) Adekunbi Obaisi||2011 – 2012|
|Mr Kolawole Ajumobi||2013|
|Mr Olusola Dada||2013 – 2014|
|Mr Kolawole Ajumobi||2014 – 2018|