Job Creation and Employment Agency
To create jobs and employment to enhance prosperity and reduce anti-social behaviors.
To tackle unemployment with simple but unique solutions that are enduring and self-sustaining focused primarily on the development of the individuals and the creation of an environment that promotes work with a view to making the individuals self reliant and active contributors to the state economy.
The Agency has a retinue of staff headed by an Executive Secretary. There are 2 Technical Assistants appointed by His Excellency in charge of projects and ICT.
The Agency is structured into 5 directorates which are:
- Administration and Supplies
- Planning, Research and Development
- Finance and Accounts
- ICT and Support Services
In line with the mandate of the Agency, two initiatives/Schemes are being implemented towards reducing Youth Unemployment in the state.
- Youth Volunteers/Public Workfare Scheme:- This is an intervention programs of direct engagement and deployment of unemployed youths into labour intensive Public works in rural communities across the state. The World Bank is currently supporting this scheme under the 2nd component of the Youth Employment and Social Support Operation (YESSO-PWF). A total number of 876 youths developed under Single Register of poor and vulnerable households (SRPVA) are awaiting validation, orientation and deployment under this scheme for the Six Pilot L.G Areas. The L.Gs are: Ado, Ekiti West, Ekiti South West, Aiyekire, Ido-Osi and Oye.
- Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Scheme:- This is targeted towards Unskilled, Uncertificated and out of school youths from poor and vulnerable households across the State. The focus is to support the interested youths to learn trades of their choices and to set up their own businesses. It is also to avail them the opportunity of a life skill, aimed at opening their eyes to life opportunities and development of their entrepreneurial potentials. The world Bank under the 3rd component of YESSO being driven by the National Directorate of Employment (NDE), Skills State Office in partnership with the State Government is supporting the scheme. Over one hundred youths from the SR of the Six Pilot LGs are currently undergoing specific training under the WB/EKSG partnership.
- Others:- The Agency also works with other government establishments (State & Federal) in the area of Coordinating and Deployment of youths under its poverty alleviation/Reduction of Unemployment schemes. One of such is the FGN/EKSG, sponsored N-power program.
|Mr. Adetule Taiwo A.||DAS|
|Mr. Oladipo Babatunde A.||Admin Officer VI|
|Mr Afolabi Oluwaseun T.||Admin Officer VII|
|Mr Kolawole Matthew Omoyeni||Director, Planning Research & Development|
|Mrs Adeyeye Rebecca M.||Director, Finance & Accounts|
|Mr Agboola Ademola B.||Internal Auditor|