Ekiti State Primary Health Care Development Agency
To make Ekiti State healthy through leadership that engenders promotion of a virile and sustainable Primary Health Care system that keeps in check disease burden through strong partnerships, unwavering resource mobilization, and continuing community collaboration.
To reduce vaccine preventable disease in the state through routine and supplemental immunization activities, reduce maternal morbidity and mortality in Ekiti State through equitable distribution of skilled Health workers commensurate with client flow and maintain a healthy population through regular health promotive and protective measures.
The following are the various affiliated agencies working closely with the State Primary Health Care Development Agency:
- Ekiti State Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs
- Ekiti State Local Government Service Commission.
- 325 Primary Health Care Centers facilities across (16) Sixteen Local Government Areas in the State.
- International Health Partners (NPHCDA, WHO, UNICEF, GAVI, HELLEN KELLER, MDGs, CLINTON HEALTH INITIATIVE ACCESS INTERNATIONAL.)
- Construction of Maternal and Child Training Center/ Warehouse.
- Strengthening Immunization Services.
- Procurement and distribution of Reproductive Health Commodities.
- Strengthening HMIS at PHC level.
- Strengthening the conduct of LIDs and NIPDS.
- Assessment of UDRF at PHC facilities level.
- Conduct bi- annual MNCH week.
- Procure Health Education and Social Mobilization Equipment.
- Maintenance of State/ LGA Cold Chain Equipment.
- Capacity building of PHC personnel on Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses.
The principal officers presently in the Agency are:
|Director of Administration and Supplies
|Director of Planning Research and Statistics
|Director of Primary Health Care System
|Director of Finance and Accounts
|Director of Monitoring Evaluation and Supportive Supervision
|Director of Pharmaceutical Services
|Chief Internal Auditor