Government of Ekiti State, Nigeria.

Education Commissioner Orders Contractors Back to Site

May 8, 2012

Ekiti State Government has directed all contractors handling Education Trust Fund (ETF) projects for 2008/2009 to move back to site and complete the job within a month. The Commissioner for Education and Technology, Dr. Eniola Ajayi gave the directive while addressing newsmen in Ado.

According to the Commissioner, the contract was awarded by the Federal Government under its Education Trust Fund Intervention Fund between 2008 and 2009.

Dr. Ajayi said 85% of the money for the project have been paid to the contractors  while the remaining 15% will be paid upon completion of the projects.

The Commissioner said that the 2010/2011 Federal Government Education Trust Fund Intervention Fund earmarked for development of schools in the state would not be released if those projects are not completed by September 2012.

Dr. Ajayi warned the contractors against shoddy jobs stressing that the state government would not hesitate to sanction any erring contractor who refuses to deliver according to specification.

She added that contractors who complete their projects should immediately notify the ministry.

Last modified: May 8, 2012

One Response to " Education Commissioner Orders Contractors Back to Site "

  1. … [Trackback]

    […] Find More here on that Topic: […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *