In its determination to reposition tertiary education in Ekiti State, the State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has set up a Visitation Panel for the College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti.
The Visitation Panel was set up via an Executive Order 004, signed by the State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi on Monday, October 29.
The College of Education, Ikere- Ekiti Law 2007 provides that the Visitor may conduct a visitation of the College in person, or direct that such a visitation be conducted by persons appointed by him to advise on the effective fulfilment of the objects and the due exercise of the functions of the College as prescribed by law.
The Visitation Panel is composed of the following members:
1) Prof. Oluyemisi Obilade – Chairperson
2) Prof. Craig Obafemi
3) Prof. Kola Oladunmoye
4) Prof. Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi
5) Dr. Patrick Ajila
6) Dr. Femi Akinola
7) Mr. Ayo Aroge
8) Mr. Sola Ogunmiluyi – Secretary
The Panel is empowered to carry out the following tasks:
- Inquire into the level of implementation of the White Paper on the last Visitation Panel Report in 2007.
- Evaluate the leadership quality of the College in terms of the roles of the Governing Council, the Provost and other Principal Officers.
- Examine the financial management of the College including Statutory Allocations and Internally Generated Revenue over the recommended period and determine whether it was in compliance with appropriate regulations and laws of the College.
- Investigate the application of funds, particularly special grants, loans meant for specific projects in order to determine the status of such projects and their relevance for further funding.
- Examine the general security in the College, how the College has dealt with it and recommend appropriate measures to deal with it.
The Panel is to submit its report containing recommendations to the Governor within four weeks.
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
Last modified: October 30, 2018