Bureau of ICT
The Directorate of Information and Communication Technology (DICT) is an Agency under the Office of the Governor. It is supervised by the Director General. The nomenclature transformed to Bureau of Information and Communication Technology in following the restructuring of MDAs in 2014. The restructuring exercise enlarged the scope of work as contained in the ICT policy for effective development of ICT infrastructure and human resources vis-à-vis- improvement in the process of governance in the State. Presently, the nomaclasure has changed back to Directorate of ICT.
There are three departments under the Bureau as follows:
- Admin and Supplies
- Finance and Accounts
- Technical Services
- Web Administration
To use ICT to pilot all government operations so as to encourage paperless or electronic communication across MDAs;
To create and maintain a dynamic and active website with feedback mechanism for the State.
To use ICT to improve efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery and transparency in government;
To support and modernize the processes of Education and learning;
To facilitate affordable access to ICT products and services to the citizens of the state in order to enhance their quality of life and business.
- Regulation of ICT hardware and software acquisition by providing government with hardware and software specifications prior to contractual obligations for system acquisitions in accordance with Decree 49 of 1995.
Monitor all ICT projects in the State.
- Provision of Technical/Help Desk support and maintenance of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) related issues within MDAs.
- Liaising with MDAs for ministerial contents to be put into respective MDAs portal in the State Website;
- Receive and manage enquiries from website and disseminate same to relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) for response;
- Maintenance of E-mail addresses for government functionaries on Ekiti State domain www.ekitistate.gov.ng;
- Provision of Intranet and Internet System to encourage automation and reduce bureaucracy in communication within MDAs;
- Taking periodic inventory of ICT equipment within MDAs;
- Prepare ICT projects and programme Concepts for the State Government;
- Responsible for ICT policy preparation/reviewing for approval of Mr. Governor and State EXCO.
- Responsible for Implementation of the approved ICT policy of the State;
- Responsible for preparation/implementation of ICT Strategy for approval of Mr. Governor in line with the 6-point Agenda of the State Government.
The State embark on a transformation programme named Ekiti Digital Transformation Programme (EDTP). The EDTP contains details of all programmes and initiatives to transform Ekiti State from a solely agrarian to a knowledge-bases society vis-a-vis service oriented economy that is ICT driven.
The following ICT projects were executed under EDTP Project:
- Ekiti State Government Broadband Network (EKSGNET) LAN/WAN: It is a fundation of ICT Infrastructure on which other service will ride on. It entails the design and implementation of secure, scalable, high-availability and very reliable network Infrastructure for Ekiti State. The purpose of the project is to network all offices of the State Government and her MDAs (LAN) and connect the various MDAs in different locations together into a common platform (WAN).
Scope of work: The project is divided into three sites.
- ICT Base Station (Data Centre)
- Office of Mr. Governor and Environ
- New Secretariat Complex
- To build a scalable, secure, high-availability and very reliable system & network infrastructure for government operation;
- To use ICT to pilot all government operations so as to encourage paperless or electronic communication across ministries, departments and agencies of government;
- To improve the staff productivities, efficiency in government operations and quality of service delivery to the citizenry;
- To save cost of governance;
- To use ICT in eliminating fraud and increasing internally generated revenue of the state.
- Site 1 & 2 completed and it is in operation
- Site 3 is yet to be completed
- Unified Communications (UC): It is a communication infrastructure that allows the government to connect, communicate via email, Internet Protocol (IP) Telephony and Video Conferencing Services that would help to drive government activities/programs for efficiency in government operations.
Scope of Work: Provision of E-mail Application, Internet Protocol (IP) Telephony and Video Conferencing Service.
- To strenghten paperless communication among government functionaries;
- To create effective internet platform for internal communication and coordination for the State.
- Project Status:The email aspect of the Unified Communications has been completed and it is in use.
The Video Conferencing aspect of the project will soon be completed.
- The State Website and Digital Media Platform: The State has presence online through the official website(www.ekitistate.gov.ng) The official website made provisions for getting feedback from its visitors both within and outside the country. The site is connected to social media platforms such as twitter, facebook, slideshare, google+, flickers, youtube all of which are integrated to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the dissemination of information to the public for participatory government. The State is currently on CH Level 3 (4GB).
Scope of work: Provision of official website for the state: www.ekitistate.gov.ng with the twitter, Facebook, slide share, Google+, flickers, YouTube components.
- To create and maintain a dynamic and active website that would showcase activities and programs of government with feedback mechanism from public both within and outside the state;
- To show transparency in governance by bringing people near to the government
Project status: completed and it is in use.
- Staff Biometric and Payroll System: Salary processing and payments are being initiated at a respective MDAs level while payments are done by the Accountant General’s office through automated system. In the past, the payroll was done manually but the state has embarked on the automation of staff payroll system and it is functioning.
- Government Data Centre: The Data Centre house the State ICT infrastructure of government networks, software, power infrastructure, government assets server, payroll server, internet and LAN/WAN servers and related systems. They are integrated and connected for the purpose of providing ICT service of whatever form for the state.
- Vehicle Tracking system: For tracking of unauthorized movement of Government Vehicles
Scope of work: Provision of vehicle Tracking system to track the movement of all vehicles within the country.
- To track unauthorized movement of government vehicles
- To reduced and traced stolen of government vehicles
|Mrs. Abayomi E.B.||Director, BICT|
|Mr. Ayomide Kolade||SA/TA to The Governor on ICT|
|Mr. Onipede O.A.||Director, Admin & Supplies|
|Mr. Florence Olatunde||Director, Finance and account|
|Mr. Olugbenga Ajilo||Director, Training/Technical Services|
|Mr. Ogunlade T.O.||Director, Network|
|Mrs. Jide-Abe A.M.||Director, Web Administration|
|Mr. Adaramola Stephen||Director, Application|
|Mrs. Adunmo S.O.||Chief Internal Auditor|