The Ekiti State Government hereby announces the opening of the Ekiti State Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC). The Ekiti SARC, to be known as Moremi Clinic, is a free, one-stop, survivor-centred initiative that prioritises the rights and needs of survivors of sexual violence. The Ekiti State SARC has been established on the directives of HE Governor Kayode Fayemi, by the Ekiti State Gender-Based Violence Law Management Committee, the body responsible for implementing the 2019 GBV Law in Ekiti State.
The Moremi Clinic (Ekiti State Sexual Assault Referral Centre) will provide the following free services:
- Screening and preventive treatment for HIV and sexually transmitted infections
- Collection and processing of forensic evidence
- Support for going through the legal process
- Providing a medico-legal report
- Treatment and care of child victims of sexual abuse
- Collection and management of relevant data
- Counselling and psycho-social support
- Information, support, and counselling for parents, family members, and partners.
- Education and information for community or professional groups.
The Ekiti SARC has the following operational structures:
- The Ekiti State Gender-Based Violence Management Committee, with representation from relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) the legislature, and civil society organisations is responsible for policy formulation and management of the SARC. The GBV Committee is Chaired by HE Erelu Bisi Adeleye-Fayemi, 1st Lady of Ekiti State.
- RAPID RESPONSE TEAM
Barrister Rita Ilevbare, Ekiti SARC CoordinatorBarrister Shirley Atane, (Ministry of Justice) Legal Adviser, Gender and Vulnerable Person Unit, Office of the First Lady.Ms. Precious Olofinyokun, Program Assistant, Gender, and Vulnerable Person Unit
- MEDICAL TEAM
Dr. Aduloju O.P, Consultant, Obstetrics and GynaecologyDr. Olofinbiyi B.S, Consultant Obstetrics, and GynaecologyDr. Okunola T.O. Consultant, Obstetrics, and GynaecologyDr. Aina F.O, Consultant, Family MedicineDr. Olatuya, O.S, Consultant, PaediatricsMrs. Olojede D.A, Administrative Officer
- COUNSELLING TEAM
Dr. Obadeji A, Consultant, PsychiatryMrs. Aduloju T, Principal Social WorkerMr. Ajiboye A.S, Clinical Psychologist
- LEGAL TEAM
Titi Adebayo, Office of the Public Defender, Ekiti State Oludayo Olorunfemi, Private Legal PractitionerAbon Akinola, Private Legal PractitionerUzoma Adetayo, Private Legal Practitioner
- POLICE TEAM
CSP Femi Falade (OC Legal)ASP Aderounke OlawuyiInspector Opeyemi Osanyinro
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH TEAM
Mrs. Sola Adeluyi, Director, Women Affairs, Ministry of Women Affairs and Social DevelopmentMrs. Bisi Fatoba, Director, Social Welfare, Ministry of Women Affairs and Social DevelopmentMrs. Tayo Olatilu, Director, Children Affairs, Ministry of Women Affairs and Social DevelopmentDr. Charles Doherty, Program Manager, Ekiti State AIDS Control AgencyMrs. Feyisayo Arogundade, Director of Social Mobilisation (Local Government Liason) Office of the 1st LadyMr. Biodun Oyeleye, SA Civil Society, Office of the GovernorMrs. Tumininu Adedeji, Executive Director, Balm in Gilead Foundation Ms. Omowunmi Ogunrotimi, Executive Director, Gender MobileMs. Blessing Ajileye, Secretary, FIDA-EkitiMrs. Bunmi Alonge, Program Manager, Ekiti Development FoundationHajia Fatima Bello, Nigerian Association of Women Journalists (NAWOJ)
The Ekiti State Sexual Assault Referral Center is located at:
Moremi ClinicART BuildingEkiti State University Teaching HospitalAdo Ekiti
Contact: Barrister Rita Ilevbare, Ekiti SARC Coordinator: 07050752287, 07039786904, 0806803296
Chief (Mrs) Moji Fafure
Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development, Ekiti State
June 22nd, 2020
Last modified: June 23, 2020