A LAW TO MAKE PROVISIONS FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE EKITI STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD AND FOR OTHER MATTERS INCIDENTAL THERETO OR CONNECTED THEREWITH
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Date of commencement
2. Establishment of the Board
3. Membership, remuneration and tenure of office.
5. Functions of the Board
6. General Powers
7. Funds of the Board
8. Annual Estimates, accounts and audit
9. Annual Reports
10. Power of the Governor to give directives
11. Transfer to the Board of Electrical Installations
12. Power of the Board to borrow money
13. Officers of the Board
14. Power to make rules relating to retirement benefits for employees
15. Rates and scales of charges for electricity supplied by the Board
16. Purchase and resale of electricity supplied by the Board
17. Non-Liability of Board for consumers’ wire, fittings, etc.
18. Entitlement to supply and preclusion of preferential treatment
19. Expenses on certain necessary alteration
20. Continuity of supply of electricity
21. Power to make regulations
22. Willful or negligent damage of electrical installations, etc.
23. Fraudulent measurement
24. Foul accumulation of earth, etc.
25. Tampering with any electrical equipment
26. Preliminary investigation in respect of land required for electrical installations
27. Restriction of execution against Board’s installations
28. Exemption of agreement for the supply of electricity from Stamp Duties Law Cap. 116.
30. Citation and commencement.
1. Eligibility for re-appointment
2. Power of Governor to declare office vacant
3. Proceeding not to be void for vacancy or defect in appointment
4. Co-option of persons
5. Ordinary and Special Meetings
6. Presiding and Voting
7. Appointment of Committees
8. Standing Orders
Last modified: October 22, 2012